Job ID 377483
Welcome to a different kind of sales role and a different kind of company.
Ranked as one of Ireland’s best workplaces, by ‘Great Place to Work’, Harvey Norman, is a high-profile, leading-edge retail brand with over 289 stores worldwide selling furniture, bedding, electrical and computer goods. With 15 stores in Ireland, we are growing, and have plenty of opportunities for talented people. If you think you have what it takes to thrive in a dynamic retail environment, we want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE JOB:
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your retail sales career and experience unlimited earning potential in an innovative, team-orientated environment.
Our sales professionals have a passion for our products, keep our customers at the heart of everything they do and have an entrepreneurial spirit. With “best in class” internal training programmes in areas such as sales, product knowledge and leadership, we support our employees throughout their journey of personnel development.
We offer a positive, optimistic and fun place to work where colleagues become friends, great people and great teams are recognised and milestones are celebrated.
The role of Sales Person in Harvey Norman is to maximise sales and profit by meeting the needs of the customer. A successful salesperson has excellent product knowledge, provides outstanding customer service, creates a great shopping experience for the customer, and is above all else dedicated to the craft of selling. This role is crucial for making Harvey Norman a great place to shop.
- You are competitive and results driven – Maximising sales and profitability by understanding each customer’s needs and utilising our best-in-class sales training.
- You can communicate with influence – You are a strong communicator, and have excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- You are Optimistic and Resilient – You have a positive attitude and outlook on life, work, and self and you have an optimistic view of the future and your own performance.
- You Set the Example – you are supportive of the whole team, you strive to get things right and you are solution focused.
- You are Customer Obsessed – You keep the customer at the heart of everything you do, going the extra mile to exceed expectations and impress while building a rapport and deep customer loyalty.
YOUR QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience & Qualifications – Leaving cert or equivalent is required. You have 1- 3 years’ experience dealing face to face with the public in a customer service role, hospitality, tourism or retail role.
- Energetic, self-motivated & persistent – You possess and radiate a high degree of energy, and can work towards goals without constant supervision
- Strong Sales Experience – Ideally you will have a strong background in sales or customer facing roles, and a hunger to excel at sales, meet goals, achieve targets, through a proactive and dynamic sales or customer approach.
- Industry and product knowledge in any of the categories sold by Harvey Norman such as furniture, interiors, cooking, technology, and appliances is preferred – but not essential.
WHY PEOPLE JOIN US:
- We’re dynamic and growing!
- Fun, high energy work environment
- Culture of developing and promoting from within the company
- Our entrepreneurial spirit
- Generous staff discount
- Generous commission system
- “Best in class” sales and product training