Job ID 377494
Marketing Graduate Programme – 24 months
Why Smyths Toys?
We are totally Irish owned. This means you’ll get hands-on experience of running an international toy retail business at the heart of our operations in Ireland. We execute a multi-million-euro annual buying portfolio, use cutting-edge IT systems and employ almost 5,000 people at peak trading times. We also have big and exciting expansion ambitions. In 2018 we acquired Toys R Us in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, adding a further 90 stores across Central Europe. This brings our total number of stores across Ireland, the UK and Europe to over 200. There’s never been a better or more exciting time to join Smyths Toys. With over 150 employees at our Galway Headquarters, we all work together across a relatively flat organisational structure. Right from the get-go, you’ll work around senior, experienced people, up to and including our Managing Directors. We have a great informal work environment.
Our Marketing Department plays a vital role in promoting Smyths Toys. They create marketing strategies for key products and brands. Here, you’ll develop and execute marketing campaigns and play a key role in delivering our iconic toy catalogue. You’ll also be responsible for promoting our new store openings. You’ll have unrivaled opportunities to develop your public relations and marketing skills. You will build and develop relationships with media houses, the press and with all our Head Office functions including Buying, IT, Finance and Web.
What we’re looking for:
- A highly motivated, proactive, logical fast-thinker
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Commercial awareness
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- A third level qualification in any field
Benefits of working for Smyths Toys:
- Comprehensive training in all aspects of the Marketing Department
- Excellent prospects for career progression
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- In-store discount
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Company Maternity and Paternity Benefits
- Special Life-Event Gifts
- Length of Service Awards
- Bike to Work Scheme
If you think you have what it takes to make an impact in Smyths Toys, then apply today!!