Job ID 378556
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Not required
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Manager is accountable for proactively managing the Managed Services team which includes Dispatch, L1 to L3 Service Desk Engineers, Technical Alignment & vCIO, Professional Services and Project Delivery. The Operations Manager is accountable for all the activities and responsibilities of the Managed Services team. The Operations Manager is also responsible for ensuring service and support is provided to customers at agreed levels and high technical standard.
- Motivate, lead and encourage the Managed Services Team proactively to maintain high morale and a harmonious and stable workplace
- Manage the Teams activities to ensure they are operating & scheduled effectively and efficiently
- Maximise department profitability through efficient service delivery and optimal billing
- Manage the handover from Commercial to Managed Services for Project Initiation, Resourcing, Delivery & Completion
- Ensure adequate resourcing whilst managing the department’s budget with full P&L responsibility
- Effective and timely communications with clients on all matters
- Ensuring accurate and timely resolution of incidents and requests in line with published Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Drive problem investigations and resolution as required
- Actively promote excellent customer service and constantly seeking ways to improve customer experience and satisfaction ratings
- Managing the performance of technical engineers
- To build relationships with clients to ensure effective communication channels are established
- Manage escalations from the team or clients through to immediate resolution
- Take initiative and ownership to review and implement systems for continuous improvement
- Develop training plans for the Managed Services team
- Conducting regular call and ticket quality checks
- Ensure that incident reviews are undertaken, written up and the lessons learned implemented.
- Encourage the team with weekly 1:1’s to support, coach and hold team members to account on their KPI’s, To Do’s and ‘ROCKS’ along with their development goals
- Complete Quarterly and Annual Performance Reviews for the team.
- Set, present and reporting of KPI’s and trends to ensure the service is suitably managed and optimised and provide such data and reporting to management and others weekly, monthly, and as needed.
- Identify skills gaps, team members at risk and lead the recruitment & onboarding process of new team members
- Ensure SOP’s are defined as required and consistently applied
- Ownership for the continued surveillance and auditing for ISO 27001 other accreditations
- Provide support for other areas of Landmark as required.
The job holder will require a broad technical knowledge and understanding of business technology solutions. An in-depth knowledge of ConnectWise and Automate and other tools & platforms used by MSP’s are an advantage but not essential.
Person Specification and Qualifications
- Min. 3 years’ experience as a hands-on Operations Manager in an IT Company or an MSP
- Proven record in people management.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, able to communicate in a clear manner and be able to use varying styles to suit the occasion and audience.
- Strong ability to train, develop, motivate, and mentor and support team members in correspondence with company and departmental objectives.
- An innovative and self-motivated person, who is dedicated to the end goal of operational performance improvements in the Managed Services dept. and business wide.
- Capable of driving the performance of the Managed Services team
- Ability to create, analyse and interpret metrics to drive the service
- Highly organised, structured, self-starter, with the ability to maintain and drive a positive working environment
- Attention to detail, ability to work to tight deadlines. Ability to mitigate risks and manage issues to resolution
- Has the ability to develop team in both soft and technical skills
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used
- Skill in leading people and getting results with a strong client orientation
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Strong presentation and customer service skills
The job holder will be required to demonstrate the behaviours and attributes that support Landmark’s core values.
- 3rd level qualification in Computer Science, Business or related discipline
- ITIL and/or Prince2 qualified
- ISO Surveillance & Accreditation experience
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- 24 Days paid annual leave, with an extra day per year of service completed
- Office Based and WFH Hybrid model
- Benefits such as Pension Contribution, Private Healthcare, Education, PHI
- Performance Bonus
- Company Weekend Retreat
- Career path to Director level