Job ID 380705
This position is full-time, permanent after 6 months’ successful probation, 40 hours a week, night-shift *9pm to 6am*, based in Blakes Cross, €25,000 annual salary plus €440 a month shift allowance, OTE ‘Bonus’ payment also.
The primary objective of this role is to support the careful handling & movement of goods in a safe, secure and accurate manner while observing good driving practice & conforming to defined processes, procedures & Company policies to the fullest extent possible.
- Ensuring the safety of yourself and others in the immediate work environment through the adherence to safe working practices always, and checking there are no persons in the immediate vicinity while operating any mechanically operated vehicles
- Ensuring all risks are mitigated prior to commencement of your designated tasks by removing loose debris & rubbish from the immediate area of activity
- Ensuring vehicles are prechecked prior to shift commencement and any defects have been noted & communicated as directed
- Ensuring full conformance with H & S training in every instance inclusive of the physical movement of any item or package or carton
- Completion of a risk assessment of each load prior to commencement of loading /offloading & communicating any risks thereon
- Displaying and promoting a positive work environment through effectively supporting work colleagues in the completion of all duties as directed
- Reporting on any load deviations inclusive of damages, shortages & overages in the manner prescribed
- Completion of work activities as directed inclusive of order selection, packing, checking, loading, unloading, scanning, and paperwork as efficiently as practical while ensuring you do so in a safe & careful manner
- Advising immediately on any persons within the vicinity of your working area who are not conforming to the H & S requirements inclusive of PPE and ensuring that there are no unaccompanied personnel within the warehouse and your immediate work area.
Key requirements for the position include:
- Must hold current Forklift licence for (a) Mechanised pallet truck (b) & Counterbalance Forklift truck
- Experience driving forklifts loading / unloading vehicles and operating within busy warehouse storage facility.
- Accident Free record for past 2 years
- Excellent references
- Read & Speak English fluently
- Positive “can do” attitude & ability to work as part of a team
- Customer Service focused
- Excellent timekeeping & attendance record
- GDP trained
- HaaCP trained
- Minimum 2 years’ experience driving forklifts
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
Ace Express Freight is an Equal Opportunities Employer