Job ID 380706
Mount Carmel Community Hospital is a transitional care unit. This unit provides ongoing medical monitoring, rehabilitation or re-enablement to patients following an acute hospital stay. Mount Carmel Community Hospital is there to help patients with their expressed desire to make a speedy recovery and return home.
We are currently looking for an experienced chef/cook to join out existing catering team on a full-time basis!
Overview of the role
Responsible for the preparation of meals to suit the dietary requirements of a nursing home. Provide the catering service efficiently and in accordance with current legislation and company policy and procedure.
Responsible To: Director of Nursing Reports to: Chef Manager
What does the role entail?
- Ensures the standard of hygiene in the kitchen meets all Health and Safety Regulations and records are maintained to demonstrate this.
- Adheres to all current HACCP Regulations (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- Conducts risk assessments and adequate records retrained and reviewed at regular intervals.
- Adheres to First Aid, Hygiene, Health & Safety rules and COSHH Regulations at all times.
- Ensures food is prepared and cooked in accordance with current food hygiene regulations and guidelines.
- Ensures all equipment is operated, maintained and serviced as per manufacturer’s instructions and Health and Safety requirements/recommendations.
- Maintains adequate records for purchasing and stock control.
- Ensures all cleaning materials and substances used in the kitchen are handled and stored in accordance with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health requirements.
- Guides and directs catering team adhere to all legislative guidelines/requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Provides a high standard of catering to meet the needs of residents and staff.
What are the required Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Professional qualification (Culinary Arts/HACCP/QQI)
- HACCP Training
- Experience working in similar environment (with a good knowledge of HIQA standards and special diets for elderly)
- Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative.
- Can work as part of, and lead a team having excellent leadership, organisational and communication skills.
- Passionate about delivering great food.
- Fluent level of English both written and oral.